Best Betting Sites in NigeriaOne secret to becoming a professional sports bettor is to pick the best sports betting site in Nigeria for you. The perfect betting site should provide a proper mix of high odds, good bonuses and promos, adequate features, fast payouts, and excellent customer service. We have analyzed all betting sites in Nigeria and we have selected the following as the best in the country and they are highly recommended by the experts here at Betmoran.
Top 10 Betting Sites in Nigeria
Perhaps the most established and renowned of all bookies in Nigeria. As the premier bookie, it is the oldest online sports betting portal and provides a wide variety of features.
Headquartered in Lagos, Nairabet is a local bookie established in early 2000 by Otunba Akin Alabi, a Nigerian entrepreneur making it 100% by and for Nigerians.
- User friendly design
- Numerous and varied markets
- Fast payouts in most sports especially on football
- Nairabet does not offer any first deposit bonuses for new sign-ups
- The Nairabet online casino is not the best casino portal in the market. With less than 50 games to offer compared to rival bookies, no jackpot games and no live casino games section, you are better off signing up with another bookmaker should the casino experience be your forte.
- It is only accessible for customers outside Nigeria with a permanent address there since the sole currency available for deposits, wagers and withdrawals is the Naira making it hard for customers outside the Nigerian jurisdiction.
Bet9ja is arguably the top online betting site in Nigeria and was main the sponsor of the Nigerian National League till early 2019.
Founded in 2013, it has dominated online and retail betting in the West African nation courtesy of an aggressive marketing campaign coupled with its vast agency network.
- Bet9ja boasts of high odds especially in football
- One of its greatest strengths is its outstanding live betting session that make it the best in Nigeria
- Possesses the best and most complete betting packages
- Excellent and competitive odds
- Great loyalty program where the more you play, the more you win
- Wide range of betting choices
- Intuitive web and mobile interface
- Plenty of deposit options
- Transactions done on the Naira currency and is available only in Nigeria therefore limits itself from conquering the vast African market.
- Does not offer online poker.
- No live streaming capabilities
- Online casino is lacking in games.
- Only one method of transfer- bank transfer
- Lacks the Asian handicap which is readily available in most of the other bookies.
Sportybet is a Nigerian online sports betting firm that is making waves across the continent.
The bookmaker describes itself as a globalized sports betting platform in the sense that it operates in multiple locations across the world including a recent launch in Kenya. However with detailed study and research, their products are customized to suit and reflect on the respective countries’ needs.
- Competitive odds especially on football matches.
- Registration, deposits and withdrawals are done free of charge.
- The multiple and system type of bets allow you to place bets on different sports on the same betslip e.g. football, basketball, tennis etc.
- Dedicated 24/7 customer service that is among the best of all bookies in Nigeria.
- A time display in accepting the cashout request is in place. This means that if a price changes or a market suspends, then the cashout of the original amount request may not be successful.
- Sportybet does not have lotto services providing the jackpot in place.
- The bookmaker has a shorter menu of markets compared to other bookies in Nigeria
Ranked consistently among the best bookies in Nigeria. It has competitive odds for pre-match fixtures and live betting.
With a 35 per cent bonus on multiple selections as well as a 100 per cent bonus on first deposit as well as on accumulated bets.
It is one of the few bookies with zero transaction costs on deposits and withdrawals are credited and debited instantly respectively on gamers’ wallets.
- Secure banking methods
- Well advanced live betting option
- Numerous virtual games
- SSL encryption
- Easy KYC
- Poor range of markets
- Bonus unfriendly
- Nigeria is the only currency
- Live chat unavailable
A highly recommended bookie, it can be aptly described as a site with one of the highest demands in Nigeria. It has a huge following and large agent network spread across the West African nation.
It provides for occasional unique promotions as well as instant payment that allows withdrawal of winnings in seconds.
- High average payout on football
- User friendly design
- Virtual sports available
- Extremely low average payout on tennis and baseball
1xBet is a new entrant to the Nigerian gaming industry. Regarded as a market leader coming from the European continent where the betting industry is highly mature, it offers a 300 per cent sign-on bonus for new customers.
Another unique characteristic about the new kid on the block is that it allows for direct deposit to gaming wallets as a result of a partnership bwtween the company and several Nigerian banks.
As with most of the competitors, it also provides for cash out and instant payout for winnings. However it has a cap of maximum winnings at 200,000 Euros or 73,000,000 Naira.
- Good range of sports
- Virtual markets
- Free deposits and withdrawals
- Excellent round the clock customer service
- Cluttered desktop website
- Limited live streaming capabilities
A well established bookmaker, the betting site welcomes new Nigerian punters to its casino, sports and poker rooms, each with a welcome bonus for newly registered gamers. It also offers live streaming, live betting and cash out features.
It provides a wide range of sports markets with excellent 24/7 support.
- Excellent bonuses for bets and casino
- Great mobile application
- Easy and user friendly betting platform experience
- Complicated registration verification process compared to other bookies
- Difficult to reach customer support
Another fast growing bookie with a 100 per cent bonus on first deposit plus bonus on accumulated bets. Withdrawals only take a few hours to withdraw your money from your gaming wallet to your bank account.
- Generous welcome bonus
- Fast payout
Nigerians also have the choice of 888Sport which is an international bookmaker with a platform that beats other bookies with its wide range of markets for anyone no matter their sporting preference besides having competitive odds.
In addition it is a fantastic option for mobile phone customers as a result of their excellent application.
- Wide range of offer; over 40,000
- A very good range of selections especially in football
- Excellent live betting
- Good usability of mobile and desktop
- Competitive odds
- Many deposit and withdrawal options
- No welcome offer
- Lacking local and regional sports offers
Another new entrant to the market determined to show the more established of bookies a run for their money. You can also place bets on a match or games that have already started or are still in-play.
- Safe gaming environment
- Generous offers and promotions
- Not so direct customer service support
- Cluttered website arrangement
Which is your favorite betting site in Nigeria?